Sunday, February 08, 2009

Pitchers and Catchers 2009 Contest

Pitchers and catchers report this Saturday. To celebrate, I'm having a countdown contest.

Every day this week (Monday - Saturday) I am going to bust a hobby wax pack of 2004 Topps Series 1. To win all the cards, you are going to guess how many pitchers and catchers I pull.

A pitcher is anyone who has ever pitched in the majors. A catcher is anyone who has ever caught in the majors. Baseball-reference.com will be my research source.

To enter, email me (timrooks ATgmail DOTcom) a guess with two numbers:
1) Total number of pitchers and catchers pulled
2) Total number of innings pitched in the majors through 2008 by all pitchers pulled

Closest guess to the actual total wins. Ties will be broken by the second number.

Guesses must be emailed to me (timrooks ATgmail DOTcom) before the WEDNESDAY pack is posted, which will likely be around 9:00 AM Central time.


First post is tomorrow morning. Good luck everyone. And good luck staying productive during the second-longest week of the year. Try to focus on work and school. Don't think about the sound of popping leather, the smell of freshly cut grass, the taste of a hotdog, the warmth of the Florida sun on the back of your neck. Think about school and work. And submit a guess to me before Wednesday morning.

3 comments:

madding said...

1. 29
2. 7413

Dan said...

1. 34
2. 4850

skoormit said...

Get those guesses to me via email. Address is in the post.