Sunday, August 03, 2008

2006 Fleer Ultra Baseball

At the store the other day, I heard a voice. I think it sounded an awful lot like Ken Griffey, Jr. He's saying a lot of things these days, though I'm not sure how much to believe. In this case Ken Griffey, Jr. says... "Buy a pack of 2006 Fleer Ultra. It's out of print now, and will never be made again. I'm on the wrapper. I guarantee you an insert card in every pack (on average)." So it bit.

Let's tear in.

Top to Bottom:
RBI13 Miguel Cabrera RBI Kings (Well, there's my insert card.)

159 Craig Monroe

103 Miguel Tejada (Did anybody else enjoy watching him bat like 17 times in the All-Star Game? Yeah, me neither.)
MCK2 Mike Piazza Midsummer Classic Kings (There's another insert card. That makes up for all of the times guaranteed inserts have fallen through. Mike apparently had to be woken up from a nap in order accept his award for the MVP of the 1996 All-Star Game.)

69 Pedro Feliz
13 Eric Chavez
167 Brad Radke
35 Geoff Jenkins Gold Background Parallel (If there has to be a parallel, it might as well be a Brewer. I'm glad it's one I haven't been traded yet.)


Yeah, that 2006 Ultra was a nice little set. The inserts were similar to what you'd find in a late-'90s pack, but the design didn't cause epileptic seizures.

No comments: