Sunday, October 07, 2007

2007 Topps Turkey Red Baseball


I needed a break from all of the old stuff, so I picked up a pack of Turkey Red. I've decided not to collect any of the remaining baseball sets from this year, so this will likely be the only pack I buy.

Let's tear in.

Top to Bottom:
142 Jered Weaver

115 Prince Fielder (Got my money's worth right there!)
170 Hanley Ramirez
111 Francisco Rodriguez

117 Mickey Mantle
42 Dice-K Checklist
58 Carl Crawford (Great action shot.)
6 Corey Patterson

Officially, there's no reason to buy any more packs since I got Prince. I have to call this a successful pack. The Mantle is cool too. I'm out of things to say, but that's OK because the Cubs got swept last night. The Brewers would have at least taken a game off Arizona, and they certainly wouldn't have batted .194. That's what happens when your baseball team is nothing but an excuse to see and be seen.

Cubs suck.

4 comments:

NickL said...

aren't there laws against Topps hiring 6th grade art class students for the turkey red paintings?

--David said...

Is it just me, or does the "Mick" look like a Paint-by-Numbers?

dayf said...

I'll bet a lot of people dissing on Dick Perez this year went apeshit over Diamond Kings back in the day.

There are a few clunkers (like that Mantle) but a lot of the paintings he did for this set compare favorably to the original Turkey Reds. What I hate about this set is that they short printed A QUARTER OF THE SET. 200 cards and 50 of them are short printed. Ridiculous.

Peterson said...

this is eeire...er, I hate the cubs and vikings,
I keep reading pack of day.
end transmission.